- Wheat Flour (Atta) - 2 Cup
- Water - 1/2 Cup
- Salt - 1/2 Tea spoon.
- Sattu - 1 Cup (Gram baked in Sand and powdered)
- Garlic(Chopped) - 4 Cloves
- Ginger(Chopped) - 1 Tbl spoon
- Green Chilies (Chopped) - 2
- Coriander Leaves (Chopped) - 2 Tbl spoon
- Onion Seeds (Mangarella) - 1/2 Tea spoon
- Thyme (Ajwain) - 1/2 Tea spoon
- Lemon juice - 2-3 Tea spoon
- Pickle Masala (Chilli pickle is the best) - 3 Tea spoon
- Mustard oil - 2 Tbl Spoon
- Salt to taste so that the Sattu mix is not Salty.
- Mix all the filling ingredients with Sattu. Start with dry mixing all the herbs and spices with Sattu.
- Add 1/4 cup water to make the stuffing moist and easy to fill. Keep aside.
- Mix flour with water knead it into stiff dough. Add pinch of salt to add to the taste.
- Make balls out of dough of approx 3" diameter in size with hand.
- Stuff 2 to 3 teaspoon sattu filling in the center of each balls and wrap it from all sides. Ensure that there are no holes or gaps etc and the flour is covering the sattu filling properly.
- When all the littis are stuffed, pre-heat the oven to 375 F and put all the littis on a foil .
- Bake till one side is brown and black spots come on the litti surface.
- Turn over the litti and bake for few more minutes until that side is brown as well.
- Take out and dip in pure ghee or butter and serve with baigan (Egg-Plant) ka bharta.
- Serve while hot.