- EggPlant (Baigan or Brinjal) 500gm (thin and long ones).
- Tamarind (Imli) 100gm.
- Jaggery (Gur) 100 gm
- Cummins (Jeera) powder (1 tbs)
- Coriander (Dhaniya) Powder (1 tbs)
- Turmeric (Haldi) Powder (1 tbs)
- Chilli (Laal Mirch) Powder (1/2 tbs optional)
- Kitchen King masala (2tbs)
- Cut Eggplant in half (in length) and then 4 pieces along the length so that they pieces are joined from one end.
- Soak Tamarind in 250 ml water and leave that for 1 hr so that it is mixed with water. Drain the Tamarind seeds out of the mix and keep the mix aside.
- Heat oil (mustard oil the best) in Pan for Deep Fry.
- Deep fry Eggplant for 3-5 mins on medium heat.
- Keep it aside after frying so that the excess oil is drained.
- Heat small amount of oil in a separate pan.
- When the oil is heated use Phoran mix(Panchphoran, Heeng, Tej Patta) etc for Seasonings. This will add some aroma to the food.
- Add spices mix (Jeera, Dhaniya, Haldi, Mircha, Meat Masala ya Kitchen King (little bit)) to the oil and start mixing.
- Cook for sometime till spices are cooked properly and do not stick to the pan anymore.
- Mix Tamarind (soaked one and drained) and Jaggery and cook for 5 mins till starts boiling.
- Add Egg plant (fried) and cook for another 5 mins.
- Let the curry settle down and become little thick.
- Add coriander leaves to that.