Again a very popular Lunch time favorite and considered to be the best accompaniment with Rice alone. Interestingly till half way the preparation style of Sanna is similar to French Croquettes with a difference of addition of Choux Paste in the same. Aloo Sanna could be prepared by two methods, some people prefer adding all herbs and flavourings in raw form while the other method of preparing is just its contrary in which flavourings and herbs are fried well separately and then added to the mashed mixture. Both the preparations are equally popular and liked by all age group.
- Potato with jacket : 6 medium size.
- Chopped onion: 75 gms
- Chopped garlic: 30 gms
- Chopped slit green chillies: 10 gms
- Turmeric pd: 2 pinches
- Mustard oil/Refined oil : just enough for frying the flavourings.
- Chopped Coriander leves: 15 gms.
- Musturd Seeds:4-5 gms
- Salt : as per taste.
Method : 1
- Boil potatoes with jacket in order to prevent it from getting soggy, mash and keep it aside ( try to avoid formation of lumps while mashing) .
- In a separate pan, heat oil add tempering of Musturd seeds and fry onion, garlic, green chillies, with the addition of salt and turmeric, fry till golden brown in color .
- Mix the fried flavorings with mashed potatoes. Add chopped coriander leaves, check the seasoning and serve with rice as an accompaniment.
Method : 2
- Additional ingredients:
- Lemon juice: few drops.
- Pickle mixture (Achaar ka Masala) : 1 spoon
- Instead of frying all the flavorings add it directly with the potato paste , add the additional ingredients and mix it well.
- Serve with rice during lunch.